BioSteps - wastewater treatment system
The BioSteps wastewater treatment system is an aerated, submerged fixed bed reactor. Compared to other biological systems, such as activated sludge, oxidation bed, biofilter, or anaerobe techniques, the BioSteps system offers a number of advantages:
- Minimal sludge production
- Compact construction
- Simple operation and minimal maintenance costs
- High process stability at peak loads
- Low energy costs
Features BioSteps - wastewater treatment system
- The installations can be build very compact because of the high biological activity. This results in lower investment costs.
- Because of the diffuser properties of the fixed bed the energy consumption for the aeration is reduced with 20 – 40 %. This results in lower operational costs.
- Because of the simple and stabile processes that can withstand peak loads only a minimum of maintenance is needed. This results in low maintenance costs.
- Because of the biological diversity in the system the sludge production is limited to a minimum. This results in lower disposal costs.
The technique is very well suited for treating the wastewater of:
- Food industry
- Hotels, campings etc.
- Textile and leather industry
- Paper and packaging industry
- Chemical industry